The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 74 made on Friday April 6, 2012 at 13:08
cpchillin
Select Member
September 2007
On April 5, 2012 at 21:51, Mogul said...
Not to start a peeing contest, but I deal with lots of manufacturers also and have never had one mention EZRJ45's in a negative light [or at all for that matter]. If anyone has some *technical* information they can relay on this subject I'm all ears...I'm always eager to know if there's a better way of doing things. So far, a very credible source on all things cable has suggested the EZ's as the best approach for data terminations and I've never had a problem with them.

I will say this about the crimp tool: If you do not push the connector fully and firmly into the die when crimping and [simultaneously] trimming the excess, you get a less-than-favorable result.

No peeing match but I can probably find 10 different manufactures that will tell you not to use EZ RJs. Whether those connectors are fine or not I haven't seen concrete proof either way. I did see arc burn marks on a connector that was passing 12v before. That was 7yrs ago with a Vaddio Eagle Eye Polycom camera extender and it was the last time I used the EZs. It was my install and Vaddio even sent their chief engineer down to look at the install since it appeared their piece wasn't working right.
Who says you can't put 61" plasmas up on cantilever mounts using toggle bolts? <---Thanks Ernie ;)

Hosting Services by ipHouse