The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 70 made on Thursday April 5, 2012 at 22:28
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
On April 5, 2012 at 21:51, Mogul said...
Not to start a peeing contest, but I deal with lots of manufacturers also and have never had one mention EZRJ45's in a negative light [or at all for that matter]. If anyone has some *technical* information they can relay on this subject I'm all ears...I'm always eager to know if there's a better way of doing things. So far, a very credible source on all things cable has suggested the EZ's as the best approach for data terminations and I've never had a problem with them.

I will say this about the crimp tool: If you do not push the connector fully and firmly into the die when crimping and [simultaneously] trimming the excess, you get a less-than-favorable result.

The main difference between me and most of the people in this industry (my technicians, and possibly you as well)...You guys tend to be natural tinkerers, you're the kids who were taking their moms toaster apart to see how it works, you have a natural curiousity.  I on the other hand don't, I don't care how it works, I don't want to know.  It's none of my business.  My job is to make it work.  I make it work by reading the instructions.  If the instructions tell me Not to do it, I'm not doing it.  

); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; color: rgb(204, 0, 0); background-position: 0% 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Important Notice: To reduce video dropout problems from ceiling fans and other EMI issues, it is strongly recommended that you pull shielded CAT5e/CAT6 and use shielded RJ45 connectors with this extender product. "EZ end" connectors are not recommended for use with HDMI extenders.

Technicians on the other hand want to know why the directions/instructions would say that.  

Hosting Services by ipHouse