The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday April 2, 2012 at 16:17
Jamie E
Lurking Member
April 2012
Hi everyone, I'm an advanced DIY-er and a (very) long-time lurker on this forum. I wanted to share my experience in attempting to get the HDMI2-HDMI5 direct access codes for a new Pioneer VSX-1121-K receiver into my MX-850, in the hope that this may be helpful to someone else in my position.

As an end user, the march of progress has left me stranded with only the obsolete MX-850 editor program, which can no longer be updated to get new IR codes. So my plan was to use the helpful remote hex code spreadsheet on www.pioneercustom.com, create a CCF file through Pronto Edit, and bring that in with the Universal Browser function in the MX-850 editor.

At first try none of the codes would work for me (a button press would just trigger a single quick flash on my MRF-300 receiver). After much double-checking of my method, and searching around, I decided to try modifying the codes as listed in the Pioneer spreadsheet so the third and fourth set of digits was reversed (i.e. I changed from 0000 0044 to 0044 0000). I'd learned from my reading that this changes the code from a one time to repeating transmission. Once I made that change, every code worked perfectly.

I hope this helps someone out in the future!

Hosting Services by ipHouse