The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Monday April 2, 2012 at 13:27
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On April 2, 2012 at 09:37, Duct Tape said...
do you really want to give everyone that might use the remote, access to every function of every device?  i sure don't want someone accidentally changing my surround mode settings on my AVR.

i create a hidden button that you have to press and hold to take you to a page that lists all the devices.  now i'm the only one that can go into advanced functions.  this is how i save clients from themselves, but still give myself the ability to change a setting during system setup without digging around for the original remotes.

This is exactly what I do, with a 5 second delay on press and hold. I have a customer now that is complaining because I told him his remote will give him the ability to use all the features of his system, so he assumed that every single button of every remote for his devices would be available to him. These are the clients that will try to change everything, and you have to ask, why did you hire me, as they are always the difficult ones that will not listen to what you have to say, but rather tell you what they think should happen.

Hosting Services by ipHouse