The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday March 30, 2012 at 21:02
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On March 30, 2012 at 20:30, mtfarmer said...
What kind of programmable remote would work? I have to decide if I want to return the RF20 or find a programmable one. I do need RF as the remote needs to work through out the house. The RF 20 does this fine.
Thanks for the advice.

If you want to keep the cost low, I'd suggest a URC MX780 coupled with a MRF 260 or MRF350. I personally like the MRF350 better as it allows you to place the antenna in a remote location instead of in your equipment cabinet like the MRF260 will. The MX780 is an "entry level" PC programmable remote that will allow you to do exactly what you want, has RF capabilities, a small color screen and is powerful for an entry level device. You may have an uphill battle learning to program if you are doing it yourself, but the end result will be a perfectly working system. MAKE SURE you purchase the remote from an authorized dealer that can provide the software to you, as URC will not provide it to an end user, and only an authorized dealer can supply it. Make sure you ask for it before you purchase as well, as an authorized dealer does not have to provide it. It is at their discretion. Look for a local dealer as well, as they will be the best option to provide support should you need it. Just make sure, once again, you ask up front what the costs for assistance would be. I will tell you that I have setup the DLA pieces with URC remotes on several occasions and they worked great.

Hosting Services by ipHouse