The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday March 30, 2012 at 20:46
Gman
Select Member
February 2009
So, we hooked it up.......and thought we had it working....until I started switching the matrix through the Crestron system. Really wierd thing was happening.

We have 2 TV's that we are outputting to ( new Samsungs). Inputs are 1 Rogers Cable Box ( SA something or other) and an older LG DVD player. Audio is through the Crestron DA system.

So I'm in the basement and the DVD Gui is showing fine on output 1. As soon as I put a DVD in, the picture flickers and goes away. Hmmmm......I then call tech support at Snap and they run me through learning the EDID for the DVD to 1080i....Ok no problem....the picture holds fine after this......

But as soon as I switch away from the DVD to cable on output 2, I lose the DVD picture on output 1. I switch back to the DVD on output 2 and my DVD picture comes back on output 1.

I check my Crestron programming to verify that there isn't something wierd going on there. Crestron switches fine. I use the Snap remote to manually switch the sources and the same behaviour is occuring.

So, on the phone with Snap TS again. The first question I was asked was how did you configure the cat6 wire. I said 568A. He said this is most likely the problem because they require 568B........

This happened at the end of the day so we haven't been able to change the pinout yet.......so my question is.......

Does it really matter if it's 568B vs. 568A? The cable input works fine.just not the DVD......I really want to know why the different pinout makes the difference. I'm green to HDMI switching...I've avoided it like the plague until now and I'm really trying to understand all of these issues.......

Last edited by Gman on March 30, 2012 20:56.

Hosting Services by ipHouse