The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday March 29, 2012 at 07:49
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On March 29, 2012 at 04:10, luka3rd said...
Saying to someone: "coming on a site in which you could have had the help with an attitude does not help you in any way" is very rude of you!!!
It looks like you would like to teach someone a lesson but don't have who!?
Where is my "attitude"? I am asking questions! What forums are for?
I am getting help! Not from members like you, obviously...

Take it for what it is, doesn't bother me. You call it me being rude. I call it another newbie coming and bashing the policies of URC and calling them a bad company. We get a new person on this site daily looking for software because they did not do their homework and purchased a remote on eBay or Amazon and after receiving it realizing it doesn't come with the software. They blame URC everytime, and not the unauthorized dealer they purchased from. I don't care about teaching anyone a lesson. I would like to see people do their homework and purchase the right product from the right dealer and eliminate all these issues, but that doesn't look like it will ever happen. The fact is the software is the intellectual property of URC and they have chosen to ONLY distribute it to dealers they have authorized and trained. The result of this is that all the remotes are programmed properly and URC continues to have a name as one of the industry leaders. A remote programmed from someone who does not know what they are doing will be no better then a Harmony, and in many cases even worse. Just about every person that comes here looking for the software says the same thing, that they are an engineer that programs, or they are a technical person and will learn it quickly, or they love a challenge. The fact remains that 99% of these people will not know how to program the remote right, and will end up with issues, and look for help from URC, who will turn them away for being an end user. The URC bashing will continue.

Not trying to be rude to anyone, but people fail to understand why dealer protect the software and call us all kinds of names (not saying that you have, but others certainly have). To those folks, I always want to know what they do for a living. The fact is that control systems are a revenue source for us that helps put food on our table. I often wonder if a lawyer will write my contracts for free, if a engineer will design stuff for free, or an electrician will upgrade my service for free. You get my point. I can walk into Home Depot and buy just about everything I need to rewire my house, so why should I pay the electrician? He should just tell me how to do it. I know, sounds rediculous.

Sorry if I am ranting in your thread, but you have to understand how often people come looking for software, and either bash us or URC for not giving it out.

Hosting Services by ipHouse