Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 49 made on Wednesday March 28, 2012 at 12:50
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
On March 27, 2012 at 19:40, BradKas said...
What about HWQS WPMs? They help by having 6 outputs in a 4 gang opening, and they have a nice blank cover. Of course, if there are a lot of interfaces required this goes out the window.

The electrician saying 10-15k to relocate switch legs is basically him telling you he doesn't want to do it. This is obviously the correct way to handle the situation. Even with all the wiring coming up through the floor, low junction boxes could be installed, with 1 gang mud rings for receptacles with new conduit heading up to the roof. From there it's a piece of cake.

Modifying a device in anyway will negate the UL approval, and I don't understand why you would want to put yourself in that situation.

That would be a good solution, but I'm not a Homeworks dealer.  It's the same concept of what I'm trying to do with the RA2 keypads.

The electrician's price was just a ballpark estimate, but his crew has been working on the property for almost 2 months now and I think they understand what would be involved.  The electrical rough-in tab is already around $70k.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse