Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday March 24, 2012 at 15:16
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
Just got back form meeting with the client, interior designer and general contractor.

Grafikeye is a good solution, but I showed literature to the designer and client previously and they actually prefered the look of 6 switches ganged together but don't want that either.

The house does have all the walls opened up, but it's still not possible to get wiring to any other locations to propery hide the switches.  House is entirely on slab and absolutely no attic space (none).  I've had to trench conduit around the outside and install conduit on a flat section of roof to get low voltage wiring around, so there may be some possibilty to do this for high voltage.

Client and designer are ok with placing the switches low in less conspicous places and then coving with a blank wall plate painted to match the wall.  This was actually the GCs idea and is something I hadn't thought about but may be a reasonable solution?

I'm meeting with the electrician Monday.  It will be up to him to see if this is in violation of any code and I'll call Lutron to see what they have to say about heat dissapation or any other possible issues.

No chance of getting the client to spend half a day to visit the Experience center (unless maybe I charter a helicopter that picks him up in his front yard).  We were all there on a Saturday morning because it's the first time he's been able to meet at the jobsite in about 6 weeks.

I've done enough RA & RA2 to go for QS training, but we have a local electric supply that pushes Homeworks through the elecricians.  The electric supply seems to provides all the design and programming for free to the electrician and then the electrician sells the product at low margin so it's difficult for me to be competitive with the Homeworks products.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse