Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday March 19, 2012 at 19:57
bazfletch3
Lurking Member
March 2012
Hi all

Brand new user so be gentle!

Just wondering if anyone can suggest the best remote system that may be able to accomplish what Im after.

As much as Im a hands-on person who hates relinquishing control (and paying!), I appreciate that if I want the right result on this Im going to have to engage a integrator; I just want to be heading in the right direction first, as Im sure everyone will assure me that "their" system will meet my needs!.......

I have a quite basic lounge/theatre arrangement, TV, AVR, HTPC, Pay TV (Im in Australia, so its Foxtel). I use the zoning on the AVR to create a very basic multi room audio system - I only ever do 1 thing at a time, so this is fine.

At the moment Im using iTunes on the HTPC and the remote App on my iPhone to control music playback remotely in the other "zones" via wifi; I just have to "set things up" at the AVR first.

I know that any remote system worth its salt can control all my gear, what im wondering if any of them can integrate iTunes control in any way, so that essentialy I have a single remote which is sending standard IR commands via RF for all my other gear, and providing some sort of itunes interface (ideally the remote App) via touchscreen on the same remote.

I spent quite a long time messing around with the Irule remote App, and got it to a 90% solution, but it was still just a little clunky, and the main kicker is that our household isnt ready for a full touchscreen remote - I need basic functionality on hard buttons.

Hopefuly theres plenty of options out there for me and Im overstating the problem!

Thanks heaps for your help.

Barry

Hosting Services by ipHouse