The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday March 16, 2012 at 01:59
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Let me start by saying that is not true and it is TOTALLY unrelated to this thread.

This thread is about how two different remotes, both issuing the commands MENU, up, down, left, right, and ENTER, somehow make the receiver open up completely different methods of programming IR control of a TV. EVERY TIME.

It did not occur to me to note that I was trying to program both remotes, in IR mode, to control my Sharp TV. My gf likes the lighted remote so she uses it. And while it does RF, I'm not using it.

It is not true that you cannot program an RF remote while it's in RF mode. The AV1, AV2, and TV programming works just peachy while the remote communicates with the DirecTV receiver via RF. But THIS IS NOT ABOUT THAT.

We've been told that all IR commands for DirecTV are the same. If that's so, then how can two remotes open up different procedures using the same button presses?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse