The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday March 6, 2012 at 19:09
streetskater
Founding Member
January 2002
Well six years after the last response here I can weigh in and say, YES I sometimes still use my 1994. I keep them in working order out of respect :-) Goes without saying that I program it with JP1.

My current favorite remote is the Rat Shack 15-2117. I haven't found anything I like half as much--no newer model from Sony, no Logitech/harmony, no touch screen...I've used 'em all and still prefer the 2117. Combined with JP1 it remains everything I need.

For VERY intensive machro stuff I still use a Palm IIIxe (LOL) with OmniRemote. 8 meg of memory there to play with. god knows it's not much use as a PDA anymore but it's got it's built in IR and is still programmable as a great machro capable remote--one that probably no actual remote of any kind can really out do.

Back OT:
I programmed one of my 1994's to take the place of my Sony Camcorder remote. There are Sony codes that Sony's own remote doesn't use, functionality that the camcorder can respond to--The 1994 has a much nicer layout and can be programmed to include every command.

Hosting Services by ipHouse