The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday February 27, 2012 at 09:36
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
We discussed including a "Recorded Shows" button on our new remotes, but decided against it. The issue is that while most people do use DVRs, it's only DVRs that require such a button. We try to keep the hard buttons to a set that is as universally needed as possible. That is, after all, why the remote has a display with programmable buttons.

Although we do include codes for X-10, the reality is that very few professional installers would use X-10 in their installations. Although X-10 is great for the DIY crowd, it creates a lot of headaches for installers. Since the Complete Control line is built for professional installation, we do focus more on what our installers ask for.

And yes, the lack of a pickup sensor was to prevent battery drain. On a remote that uses off-the-shelf batteries, we tend to stay away from pickup sensors.
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse