Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday February 21, 2012 at 04:31
buzz
May 2003
I use a general call/return set of functions that push the return address on a global stack. This is great for surround sound adjustments, progress bars, TV setup, and control, and similar multi-page "activities" that might be called from anywhere in the program. On adjustment pages, I'll use a "Return" button to call the return function. For progress bar type activities, one could simply call the return at the end.

Personally, I don't like progress bars. If you use them regularly, consider developing a generalized function that you can call with a time parameter, say two seconds, and the function will overlay the current page with a scrolling progress bar for two seconds, then remove the bar.

I also have global command queue. This mostly eliminates the need for progress bars. For example, if the TV set needs 10 seconds or so to get its head on straight after POWER ON, I'll throw the TV's INPUT SELECT command into the IR queue with a note to execute the command in 10 seconds. Meanwhile, the program can jump to the cable activity and allow the user to pick a channel while waiting for the TV.

Hosting Services by ipHouse