The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday February 21, 2012 at 01:42
5-HT
Lurking Member
February 2012
I'm trying to solve a problem some of my elderly family memnbers are having using a stock Comcast remote (silver with red OK button) with a Samsung UN40D5005 LCD TV and Samsung BD-B5250C Blu-ray player and Comcast HD DVR set top box. The problem seems to be using Comcast's All On button. I doesn't take much for the various devices to get out of sync power-wise, probably because the Comcast remote takes a while to send out the sequential device power codes and the operators don't keep the device pointed in the right direction long enough. This has the effect of turning one device on while simultaneously turning another off or vice-versa. So, my questions are: 1. Do these devices have/support separate ON and OFF power commands to unambigously turn a device on or off? 2. Can the Comcast remote be programed to use these codes? 3. Would I be better off using a third-party remote to support this function (provided the answer to question #1 is yes)?
The Comcast remote does of course have the ability to send a power command to each device separately but it is not immediately apparent to the elderly (and some other family members, I might add) whether a particular device is actually in the ON or OFF state.
Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse