The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday February 20, 2012 at 10:10
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
27" iMac (running windows 7) at home and a lenovo thinkpad laptop with win7 and SSD. I removed my optical drive and replaced it with 1TB HD for data storage.

I prefer having 1 machine and i did this for about 2 years with the lenovo+dock. Data was always in one place and it made life much easier.

But...

The iMac is 2560 X 1440 pixels. My lenovo is 1920X1200. This extra space comes in very handy for working on projects because i have have two windows open side by side and they are "big" enough to work without constantly scrolling the browser or application window.

I just have to remember to sync everything when i travel. Roboform/evernote and a few others have syncing built in. Applications like filezilla have to be synced manually by exporting an xml file and then importing it on another machine. Its a little bit of a pita but worth it to have higher resolution whenever possible.

My thinkpad is pushing 4 years old. I had to replace the keyboard about a year ago because the space bar was worn out on one side and didnt respond well. Support asked me if i wanted to schedule a tech visit or if i wanted the part shipped. I opted to have it shipped. Had it a few days later and installation went smooth. I maxed out the ram, added the new SSD drive and upgraded to windows 7 last year also. It performs very well with graphic software, visio, auto cad and industry software (crestron amx etc). Lenovo builds solid machines.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse