The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday February 20, 2012 at 07:06
ILO
Long Time Member
August 2006
On February 20, 2012 at 02:26, Krassyg said...
If I understand correctly I don't have to send the IR to the keypads; I can just control the main unit directly by inserting IR on pin 2 and ground on pin 3 of the Cat5 port on the XR-4630. I can then use the routing feature of the XP-6 to control each zone independently. Has anybody actually got the ZR-4630 to work in this way?

That is incorrect. The ZR-4630 is not operated with IR directly. The Niles zone keypads are the only devices that can control the individual zones of the Niles ZR-4630. You can route Niles IR commands to these individual keypads to accomplish what you desire. You cannot eliminate the keypads altogether.

Has anybody actually got the ZR-4630 to work in this way?

Yes, I got this to work using a URC IR routing RF base station. There is an RJ-45 connection for an IR sensor on the back of each keypad, pin 2 = data pin 3 = gnd. You can connect at the keypad location or splice in at the zone receiver location. Either way the Niles IR commands will be received by the keypad which will then send a network command to the zone receiver for control.

Last edited by ILO on February 20, 2012 10:04.

Hosting Services by ipHouse