Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 19, 2012 at 19:58
konextu
Lurking Member
February 2012
Hello all,

I currently have two independent systems. each has 4 to 6 sources and 6 zones of output. Each has an old denon receiver, an amplifier, and a 6 zone audio distribution block. I believe its old russound stuff.

I want to replace whatever is needed in each zone with some like HTD offers with LYNC except I want to control the sources, etc. I'm found of the RTI stuff but really want to do this DIY. Which is how I found the HTD products. However my only point that is missed there is I still have no control once i've set the source (channel change, play/pause, etc). Only source to zone and volume.

Ideally I'd like to end up with an ipad/iphone app/miniwebserver that would allow me to pick a source, control it, pick a zone, control the volume, and go back to source if need be to change to a different preset, channel, volume, start a movie, etc.

Inputs:
-Sirius Radio
-Direct TV
-Internet Radio
-HD Radio
-Blu-Ray player

Outputs:
each system has 6 zones of output.

I'm not opposed to buying a new receiver, amp, etc but really want to do it myself since I have the time.

Like i said the HTD system's nearly fit the bill minus being able to control the functions of the source.

Thanks all

Hosting Services by ipHouse