The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Wednesday February 15, 2012 at 16:58
NEZBO
Select Member
September 2009
On February 14, 2012 at 19:09, william david design said...
[Link: jhtl.org]

See Page 95. Pollock v. Pollock extended the "telphone extension exception" to telecom law. The telephone extension exception was that a minor child didn't have an expectation of privacy in the home from parents eavesdropping on their conversations. Pollock enlarged the scope of the law by giving parents who "show good faith" in attempting to protect their children from harm (as much of the U.S. case law) are not committing an illegal act (unlike eavesdropping on a spouse which most jurisdictions have distinguished from parent-minor eavesdropping) when they intercept "communications" as defined by the Act.

Nezbo, it can be done. I would caution you like the OP's to maybe tell them where to look on the Internet and leave it at that. I came from telecom and studied the telecom act in law school...

Thanks man. I was aware of the legal issues and I knew The parent was in the clear. I was however amazed at how many people do this to the spouse phone without the consent. I mean, not shocked, but amazed. Also, Did not realize this was a normal practice for company phones. I am going to direct her in the direction to do this and walk away. I am not actually going to do it for her. We have a local phone company here that will jailbreak the iphone for $20.

She is now on her own.
Better days are ahead
onesourceinnovation.com
Better days are ahead

Hosting Services by ipHouse