The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday February 9, 2012 at 22:05
ClubChapin
Long Time Member
September 2008
Thanks. That's not how I'd like it to perform, but I will figure out how to live with it. Other than this, this is a fantastic device.

I'd expect it to stay connected and pingable for an hour if that is how it is set. Seems like it's behavior is how it should act after the "Stay Connected" duration has passed.

I did find that there is a direct correlation to it being pingable and the back light being on. Also, a direct correlation to it being pingable and commands succeeding.

One idea I came up with is to let the screen turn off after 20 secs and keep the key backlight on for it's longest duration (240 secs). I set this in PEP and it did not take on the panel. I then tried to set it on the panel and it will not set. It forces me to have the key backight timeout be <= screen timeout. Why is this? I have the latest firmware. Not sure why it lets me set this in PEP when apparently the device doesn't support this.

Minor annoyances at this point really.

Are there any preferred settings for advanced wifi setting? Roaming and scan strategies?

If I choose to operate IR only, without the RFX, should I delete the RFX from my CCF, or can it stay.

Thanks again, Pete

Hosting Services by ipHouse