The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday February 9, 2012 at 02:43
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On February 7, 2012 at 10:12, NFASTRO said...
On another note, I am quite disappointed how fuzzy the television shows SD signals. I guess its one of the problems that digital televisions have with SD. The digital artifacts are annoying and make the picture much worse than my old analog tv (35 inch) versus this new 55 inch high end LED digital tv.

We don't usually know that AM radio can sound pretty good because, in my opinion, once FM was the main band to listen to, manufacturers really cheapened the AM sections of tuners.

I think a similar thing has happened as regards conversion of analog SD to higher definition, or even to 480i digital. Analog looked much better when it was all analog. The real evidence of this is the romantic closeup where you see two faces close together, and the people are holding totally still but their noses are wandering around a bit. Yesterday I recorded an SD program of Guy Lombardo music just to see what it was. There was a piano solo, and the video rendition of the piano looked like a piano with the keyboard in the foreground, overlaid by small ocean waves lapping upon the keyboard. The entire damn piano was waving!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse