The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday February 7, 2012 at 10:12
NFASTRO
Long Time Member
October 2006
I just picked up a large flat screen television which I have connected to both Rogers Cable and to antenna. I can easily switch input from antenna to HD cable to compare signal quality. I am in North York and can receive around 15 channels via antenna.

My question here is regarding cable resolution versus antenna. I used to think that antenna signal resolution was superior to cable or satellite. I was surprised that the cable signal was very close, if not the same as the antenna signal.

What experiences have others had in comparing the two. Has Rogers improved the quality of their signal over the last few months? Until now, I used to believe that cable signals were a bit compressed but it is not discernible.

On another note, I am quite disappointed how fuzzy the television shows SD signals. I guess its one of the problems that digital televisions have with SD. The digital artifacts are annoying and make the picture much worse than my old analog tv (35 inch) versus this new 55 inch high end LED digital tv.

Hosting Services by ipHouse