The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday February 4, 2012 at 20:09
fixrdad
Lurking Member
February 2012
Thanks for the info ... it helps and makes sense (mostly) to me. The remote worked to turn the receiver on right out of the box but it didn't control the volume so that's why I added the receiver as the Aux device. I suspected that the on and off problem had something to do with that. I don't have a DVR so I could use any of those buttons as an "all on" with a macro as you described. I didn't quite follow your instructions for programming a macro. I get most of it except for the reference to an audio button. Did you mean the Aux button programmed for audio? If so, I think I understand your suggestion and I think that will work for me for now. I've spent A LOT of $ on equipment recently and I'm trying to get by on the remote I have right now. I have several of the comcast remotes which is handy. That's the other reason I wanted to use them at least to start off. If you have a recommendation for a good remote for my equipment I'd appreciate it. I have a poor track record of selecting "universal remotes" over the years.

Hosting Services by ipHouse