The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday February 4, 2012 at 11:14
fixrdad
Lurking Member
February 2012
I just recently got an AV receiver and am having problems getting it all to work with a remote. I think its the remote, but it could be something else ... don't know. I have a samsung ln46a55o tv, pioneer vsx-50 av receiver, bdt210 blu-ray, pace comcast cable box all connected via hdmi. the receiver in a "tower" with a glass door. I have the hdmi control function turned off on the tv and the av receiver, so that shouldn't be causing the problem. The comcast remote that came with the cable box should be able to control everything and I don't want to spend more $ on another remote unless I have to (I'll do the bluray player with the remote it came with). The problem I'm having is when I turn off the tv, cable box and receiver with the comcast "all off" button, everything turns off and about half of the time the av receiver turns itself back on. Everything works fine EVERY time if I shut everything down individually instead of using the "all off" button. I have the comcast remotes with the red select buttons. I have spent A LOT of time trying to troubleshoot this and any ideas you might have would be appreciated. The only thing I haven't checked out yet is the possibilty of the IR signal bouncing between the shiny front of the receiver and the glass, but the receiver turns off last and its a long delay between hitting the off button and it actually going off/on so i would guess the delay would kill any bounced signal.

Hosting Services by ipHouse