The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday October 5, 2000 at 01:59
Andreas Greulich
Historic Forum Post
Hi all,

Abotu an year ago I posted some information about a funny "T" code I found on my Sony TV (European model KV-E2541B, SW v3.45 23/8/93), still here under
[Link: remotecentral.com]

At the time I looked for discrete on codes. Anyway, I found a very exciting site about TV synchronization settings that describes this TT-mdoe as well, reachable by certain TV-switches instead of remotes, see [Link: members.accessus.net] (the site also offers a lot of other exciting info in this area).

I know it is a bit OOT, but might still be interesting for some to know... the TT-code allowed me to recalibrate my TV (I got a vertical size and shift problem over the years). When I activated TT01 and pressed "Menu", I did not get any special menu, just the same one I usually get. But what I never tried earlier was selecting the "Demo" entry in this menu (last item). "Demo" usually just showed some TV-features, probably for TV demonstrations in shops. But when I activated "TT01", the Demo menu item switched to a submenu with the items

Init
CXA 1587
CXD 2018
TDA 9145
LXA 1526
TDA 6612
CX 7948a
PIP
Megatext

And these funyn lookign items allowed to change a lot of things. CXA 1587 for example had the vertical-shift-and-size-switches. Intersting is also the "Megatext" entry, that allows to change 124 8-bit-wide registers (which I did not, of course.. I have no idea what tehy mean :-). Does anybody know more about this, maybe there's a service manual available somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Hosting Services by ipHouse