The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Monday January 30, 2012 at 21:31
hdtvluvr
Long Time Member
September 2002
On January 30, 2012 at 09:19, RandyWalters said...
.... I tried overlaying a one-second-delay macro on my TWC DVR's Menu button but as soon as i press and hold the button the menu immediately pops up, then after holding the button for one second the macro activates leaving the menu still up on the screen. ....

Try inserting "Exit" between the 1 second delay and the rest of the macro. This should make the menu go away. I'd play with the delay time, because you may only need 0.5 sec or less and it may be so fast that you never see the menu when you hold the button down.

On January 29, 2012 at 21:50, snorkel said...
... If the pause trick works on the physical buttons of whatever device you are in that would be idea, as then I could have the channel up and down also work as the page up/down if held for a second. ....

It should still work although the selection would move down 1 channel and then 1 page. If we are talking DirecTv, it won't move a page, it moves to the channel at the bottom of the guide and then the guide scrolls up so that channel is at the top. Not sure about cable boxes, etc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse