Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday January 30, 2012 at 19:02
GLS
October 2005
On January 30, 2012 at 16:17, BisyB said...
I installed a Samsung sound bar a few weeks back, definitely different than usual and a pain. Given the way you mount the bar, it does not sit flush against the wall and it leaves about a 1/8" to 1/4" gap from the wall which shows everything.

The power cord is about 6' long and about 8" left of center on the bar.
The optical/mini output sits about 8" right of center on the bar, they come with 6' cables but we used our own.

An outlet would not work behind this bar, so we cut a small hole behind each area and just fished the power cord up to the mid-lite behind the tv and plugged the bar in the tv outlet. Not to code but with the Samsung bar, you have very few options. It had a wireless powered sub so that was pretty easy. I hate and try not to fish power through walls but given that Samsung gives you a 6' cord and then all of about a 2"x2" space @ the power opening, not much you can do unless you want to cut the cord and hardwire the thing inside a junction box but you'd still see the plate given how the bar mounts.

They look and sound, eh... decent.

Thanks. That's the detailed description I was hoping for (but afraid I'd get,lol). I downloaded the manual, and it looked like it stood out from the wall a bit. The picture they show on the Samsung site isn't the same bar, and they make it look so clean and neat. The manual also suggests a 2" clearance from the TV.

This a travel agency and the owner bought this set up for presentations. I'm talking to one of the office girls who he obviously gave the job of getting this done. I hope they even have the speaker mount that came with it. He told her that it could be attached to the TV but I couldn't find anything that said it could. She said they had a mount too, and showed me some thing from IKEA. I couldn't figure out what it was. It wasn't a mount, that's for sure.

I guess the best tactic is to mount the speaker flush to the TV and hope it hides the cables going up. I just don't want to run the cord in the wall, especially in a commercial setting. Either that or channel. There aren't any good options it seems like.

I haven't dealt with a sound bar in years it seems. Last one was passive and about 6" high, and none of the issues I may have dealing with this one. Sheesh.

On another note BisyB, do you ever go to ElectrianTalk Forum? Some interesting discussions there sometimes. It can get rowdy too. Good info though.

Thanks to all for the input!
G
www.GordonsLight.com
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Hosting Services by ipHouse