The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Monday January 30, 2012 at 09:19
RandyWalters
Long Time Member
December 2006
On January 29, 2012 at 21:50, snorkel said...
Thanks for the info Randy,
I may just go for the R40 and return the mx-450.

On the mx-450 the pause trick as the first step of the macro does not work on the
physical buttons, it sends the original command and then if you hold it for whatever the pause was set to, it executes the macro.
If the pause trick works on the physical buttons of whatever device you are in that would be idea, as then I could have the channel up and down also work as the page up/down if held for a second.

Well unfortunately the R40 (and R50) apparently does the same thing as your MX-450. I read one comment on an Amazon R40 (or R50?) review that mentioned this "trick" but i think that reviewer was wrong. I tried overlaying a one-second-delay macro on my TWC DVR's Menu button but as soon as i press and hold the button the menu immediately pops up, then after holding the button for one second the macro activates leaving the menu still up on the screen. I also tried it on one of the colored Favorites buttons (where i'd taught the DVR's List command) and the List came up as soon a i pressed the button then the macro came a second later and the List remained on my screen. I haven't done any more experimenting so i don't know if there's some trick to making this work or not. Maybe we're leaving a step out when creating a macro on an existing learned button? Lemmy know if you can get this to work.
Randy
URC MX-890, MX-780, MX-450, R40, MX-500, Sony XBR-55X900E, Panny TC-P55ST60, Tivo Roamio Pro & Premiere & OTA, TWC Arris DVR, Onkyo 333 AVR, Roku Express 4K, Panasonic Blu-Ray

Hosting Services by ipHouse