The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Sunday January 29, 2012 at 15:49
RandyWalters
Long Time Member
December 2006
On January 29, 2012 at 10:21, snorkel said...
Question for R40 owners, does the R40 have the ability to move LCD buttons or swap with the ones next to them? I kind of got that from some of the reviews at Amazon. I just got a MX-450 and then found out about the r40 and it seems to be a better unit (minus the RF, which I won't ever use).

The R40 has the ability to relocate Device icons on the Main Screens and relocate Function icons on the individual devices' screens, but in both cases the icon can only be swapped with another existing icon and cannot be moved into a blank space on the screens so you should carefully consider exactly where you want to place your device icons on the Main Screen before you begin programming the remote. Some users may want to place their primary devices on the first page of the Main Screen, while others will create their devices on page 2 or page 3 of the Main Screen then use page 1 to store their activies and/or macros.

Once a device has been created in a blank space on the Main Screen, the only way to make that space blank again is to delete that device completely. A work-around for restoring a space to blank is to create a "fake" device on page 2 or page 3, swap this new fake device with the device that's occupying the space you want to make blank, then delete that new fake device and that will now leave the space blank. And inside a device, just create a fake function in a blank space then you can interchange it with another real function within that device.

Also does anyone know if the pause as first step in a Macro works on the hard buttons? That trick only works on the LCD buttons on the mx-450.

You can add pause (in half-second increments) as your first step and that forces you to press and hold to activate the macro. I know this works at least on my four colored Favorites buttons on my R40, but i haven't tried it yet on any of the other hard buttons on the body so i'm not sure if it also works on those other buttons, but i presume that it does. I have my delay set to 1.5 seconds. I experimented and edited these to 5 second press-and-hold macros and i did have to hold the button for 5 seconds before it would send the macro.

But like i said in post #31 above the macro will only work when you're inside the device that you were in when you created the macro so they are device-specific (which i like). I don't believe you can store a macro on these buttons when you're in the Main Screen.
Randy
URC MX-890, MX-780, MX-450, R40, MX-500, Sony XBR-55X900E, Panny TC-P55ST60, Tivo Roamio Pro & Premiere & OTA, TWC Arris DVR, Onkyo 333 AVR, Roku Express 4K, Panasonic Blu-Ray

Hosting Services by ipHouse