Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday January 22, 2012 at 16:37
MacrossZero
March 2009
On January 22, 2012 at 15:51, Shane1 said...
Got it.
As for other components (tv's, receivers, etc), do they communicate wired, or wireless over the LAN?
Obviously, I would have to be sure that the particular component has IP capability...

Depending on the manufacturer, Ip control of LCD/Plasma's are hit and miss.  From reading on the forums here, it looks like the Pioneer/Sharp (after a firmware update) work with IP/RS-232, the Panasonic works as well.  I had a headache with Samsung myself on an install back in December.  They have not figured out that we might want to turn on the LCD/Plasma with a IP command.  RS-232 works fine after an adjustment in the service menu's and a $10.00 adapter.  AFAIK I have not seen a receiver that does not have a wired ethernet port, if it has Media Streaming Capabilities.  In BD land, there is the Pioneer/Denon/Panasonic/Oppo/Integra players.  Assuming that you have a XP series processor, I would check with your Integrator/Installer  to see if the devices that you are wanting to use either have RS-232/IP Control/Feedback.
Do or Do not, There is no Try.

Hosting Services by ipHouse