Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday January 22, 2012 at 13:42
MacrossZero
March 2009
On January 22, 2012 at 12:50, Shane1 said...
I have looked, but cant seem to find out if this Motorola STB has RS-232 control.
I am going to be updating some of my A/V equipment over the coming months and would like RS-232 (wherever I can) control. Just cant seem to find out if this STB has RS-232 capabality...

I have a RTI control system, so I have that abality, so my installer can program my RTI to start to move away from IR and get a bit of RS-232.

I am going to be looking for equipment that can be controled by IP - even better.

Another question.. With the IP controled components, are these wireless controled? Or do i need to get it connected with cat5 cable??

Thanks!

There is no RS-232 on the box itself.  AFAIK most comsumer cable settop boxes do not support RS-232 or Ip.  There is a driver for TIVO, but you would need to confirm with FIOS that they support it.  The other option is DirecTV, there is both options RS-232/IP.  The only drawback with FIOS is in order for the whole house DVR to work, you need to use their boxes with the MOCA support.  If you want RS-232 on the DirecTV boxes you will have to use a USB-Serial converter.  Good Luck.
Do or Do not, There is no Try.

Hosting Services by ipHouse