Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Friday January 20, 2012 at 10:49
kgossen
March 2008
On January 20, 2012 at 09:31, Total Control Remotes said...
If anyone's to blame it's URC for their software policy on what they call "Professional Series Remotes".

Blame for what?

They're to blame for letting dealers give out their software for their professional series remotes. It should be like RTI and Crestron, dealer only. And I've been a URC dealer for over 4 years.

Are you kidding me? Just go to the forum search and key in "variables" in the message search. Are you telling me that help hasn't been given on this subject a thousand times already?

It has nothing to do with searching the forum or variables. Did you not not read my post? Was it too complicated for you? I didn't mention variables or search anywhere.

You say this isn't a "Help" forum yet 90% of it is people asking for help! He asks a question, someone helps and Ernie jumps in chastising him for helping. Yet Ernie's on here asking some pretty easy questions that any URC dealer should know, why didn't you jump all over him for not searching the forum? If you're a dealer you're allowed to ask basic questions but if you're a DIY you're not? If you want to give people s*&t for not searching before asking a question then you're going to be busy because 80% of the questions asked here could be answered by a search. If you don't want to deal with it go to IP or ESI, pretty simple.

Like I said, this is a Public forum so anybody has access to it. If you don't want to help, DON'T, it's a pretty easy concept. If someone wants to take time out of their day to help, let them, but they shouldn't get s*&t for it.
"Quality isn't expensive, it's Priceless!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse