Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday January 19, 2012 at 14:31
JETBD
Lurking Member
January 2012
Ernie,

RE - arrow keys

Yes, I did discover last night that SOME, but NOT ALL of the ch +/- and Vol +/- codes do indeed work when the menu is up. When I first start testing, I wasn't so good at documenting the codes, and I tried codes from many different sources. So I don't remember and didn't document everything I tried. And I may have made a mistake (horror, gasp) when I originally tested the ch +/- and Vol +/- codes.

For this TV, there are additional codes for arrows as well ch +/- and Vol +/-. Interesting... I could never find the correct code for Up Arrow even though I poked all round the Dw Arrow (72) and L (89)/R(90) Arrow codes. What I finally ended up with is this:

Ch + (00) for Up
Down Arrow (72)
Left Arrow (89)
Right arrow (90)

It rather irritates the perfectionist side of me that I can't find the Up Arrow code, but functionally it works.

I did learn a lot about NEC1, NEC2 and perhaps someone else will benefit from my efforts too.

Also, I'll never buy another Venturer product. As far as I can tell they make nothing. They just re-brand many other manufacturers products. That's not so bad, but their tech support is horrible and their web site documentation is about the worst I've ever seen. Documentation for out-of-production products is not even accessible through their web site (it's hidden either intentionally or by incompetence). Next time, I'll buy from a company that provides good support for their out of production products.

BTW: The manual for this TV is available from this URL: [Link: venturer.com]

Regards, Alan
Just Enough To BE Dangerous

Hosting Services by ipHouse