The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday January 19, 2012 at 13:41
hdtvluvr
Long Time Member
September 2002
On January 19, 2012 at 04:23, Ernie Gilman said...
Do you guys think this chap will really go looking for a dealer?

I guess you assume no one buys from a dealer. I do buy from a dealer sometimes. Got my original remotes from a dealer. Got current ones from URC when the originals went bad using their replacement policy. That said, I am going to shop around for the best price - not just call/visit a dealer and buy it.

I guess you missed the installer trainings over the last few years... when the 250 came out with the smaller jacks, I asked one of the trainers about it and she told me that this size was a mistake. Make that "oversight," as in "it was reviewed by the oversight committee." :-}

The overseas manufacturer who made those units shipped samples complete with emitters to URC, and whoever reviewed them at URC was (as I see it) not familiar enough with IR emitters to notice that the plugs and jacks were 2.5mm instead of 3.5mm. All else seemed good, they okayed them, they got thousands, then they discovered that other LEDs would not plug into them. Oops.

They're special because they were a mistake.

That's interesting. That sounds like our government. Taking a quick look at the surface and approving.

Hosting Services by ipHouse