The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday January 19, 2012 at 04:09
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 18, 2012 at 22:24, JETBD said...
Any suggestions regarding the arrows would be greatly appreciated. I don't really want to try all 256 functions. Also, noticed that Enter was not on the list.

Gee, I was about to suggest that you try all 256 functions.

You have done so much incredible work so far that either you've got the correct codes but haven't explored far enough to find them, or the TV somehow uses codes from more than one codeset (which I only just heard of as possible a few days ago).

Back when Pantel was in business, I used those same IR programs to create a Pronto TS1000 program that gave me all 256 codes for one of their sets.

Of course, I already have a Pronto TS1000 and I don't have any idea what kind of electrobatics you have to go through to make these codes... I don't remember you saying what actual remote you are generating codes with.

Anyway, you really should run through all the codes. Once I had done the work you have done, it took me about an hour and a half at Pantel to verify and discover everything that worked.

A discouraging part might be that some codes will, say, only work then the menu is up, and the menu will only stay up for five seconds without getting a command, so you have to work out a routine for getting the menu back up to try more buttons. But you've got all the commands!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse