The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday January 10, 2012 at 19:41
SportsFan
Long Time Member
January 2012
On January 10, 2012 at 19:19, longshot16 said...
This is not about deadlines its about building a relationship that is mutually beneficial. He sells and programs remotes for a living and the minute you try to undercut him (after he gave you software in the past) the relationship is no longer mutually beneficial.

Agreed?

If he gave you CCP you then will buy all future remotes via the slimeballs on line to say another buck (first buck saved by getting software to avoid his fees, which feed his family).

I would have to conclude that I would not give you the software either and you will have to troll forums for the rest of your days hunting software.

We see it all too often. Commit to him and he will do the same.

From a dealer standpoint, I totally understand where you are coming from.

However, I have purchased many products from him and we have a great relationship. He just seemed a little "confused" to the policy of URC. As a matter of fact, I've just gotten off the phone with him and he will be hooking me up with the software.

I was just asking for a "quick" work around to get the remote up and running with the software I already had and am familiar with now. It's no big deal to re-learn a new platform, but it just seemed a whole lot easier just to plug in a new remote and upload a program that already had been configured.

I've spent tens of thousands on equipment from him, and he is cool with me getting some gear online. We even talked about this remote before I got it and he understood. (To him, the remote is a minor piece of equipment, it's the big stuff he wants me to buy from him). And besides, I was the one who has done all the programming in the past, and he is quite confident that I would never have to bug him with any programming questions or issues.

Many times he has suggested to go online to get some of my gear. He's cool with it.

So, if I have offended any dealers or installers here, I apologize. Again, I was just looking for a simple solution to small issue that I was having.

I hope you don't mind me asking several more questions as I attempt to acclimate myself to CCP.

Hosting Services by ipHouse