Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday January 10, 2012 at 17:44
SportsFan
Long Time Member
January 2012
Hello Everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Over the years, searching this forum has helped me out immensely with any and all questions I had... until now.

Basically, the new URC MX-880's require the programming to be done through CCP. The stand-alone MX-880 Editor can no longer be used, unless a workaround is performed (from what I have gathered from other threads in this forum).

However, this workaround does not seem to be working for me.

I reset the remote and got to the "Unable to find system files..." display on the remote, but when trying to download a "blank" MX file, or any file for that matter, onto the remote, it says (on the Editor screen) that it is "unable to connect [RC-CT]".

However, when attaching the USB cable to an older MX-880, there is no problem "connecting".

Is there any way around this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Below is a quick background with my experience with URC. I just wanted to get my issue/question out in the open first.

I started off with the MX-800 back in 2003. Simple system. Used the MX-800 software to integrate 3 TVs, AVR, DVD, 3 DirecTv receivers, 1 cable box (all in one room) to the remote. Used in RF mode with a couple MRF-200's for IR routing.

Added two more TVs and cable boxes/DirecTv receivers to the system in 2004.

Upgraded up to MX-850 and MX-3000 in 2006. Moved to new house and did a total redo of displays and sources. 6 TVs, 6 DirecTv receivers, AVR, DVD player all in Den controlled by the two above remotes. RF Base Stations upgraded to two MRF-300s and one MRF-250 (for another TV and receiver in kitchen).

Got a MX-880 for bedroom TV ~2007 and got another one for young daughter (3 years old at the time), in 2008.

I've added several components to the mix over the years (blu-ray, projector, subwoofer, baby monitor, doorbell phone, outdoor TV, computer) and the programming and commands have gotten a little more complex and sophisticated. But, all the while, still reasonably easy to program.

Now, I'm setting up a mini system for my 3 year-old son in his room and just purchased a "new" MX-880 for him. But, of course, now lies the problem: How can I just simply load the MX-File onto it without CCP?

Because of sites like this, I've gotten quite comfortable with the URC stand alone editors. But, now it seems, that I must transition over to CCP, which I'm pretty confident I'll be able to grasp, as well.

But for now, I already have the MX File for my son's room ready to go. I just need to get it loaded into the remote.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I'm running stand-alone MX-880 editor version 1.00.109, Firmware 1.05 on Windows XP. I did have an updated version of the editor running (after Live Update), but I kept getting the Dialog Box stating that CCP must be used. I uninstalled and re-installed MX-880 software hoping for better results. That is the reason why I have reverted to an older version. I can go back to updated version, if needed.

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SportsFan on January 10, 2012 18:08.

Hosting Services by ipHouse