The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday January 10, 2012 at 11:35
Cico Buff
Founding Member
October 2001
Thanks, the Lookup Tool pages on the hifi-remote.com forum appears to be what I was looking for. (The "EFC code lists" are linked in the extreme right column of the Lookup tables. I just didn't notice that they were links to code lists, when I first looked at these pages two days ago).

Although the Lookup Tool pages don't help in my case, as the device codes listed are limited for the RCA RCRP05B remote (aka AR ARRS05G). The tables do not contain information for the code I am using for the Sony AV receiver (code: 1441, taken from the AR's manual), nor is there any for a Marantz CD player. But the latter is a no-go in any case, as the AR remote will not, as far as I know, accept CD device codes of any brand.

On January 9, 2012 at 23:58, 3FG said...
Not quite sure what you mean by EFC code lists. You can get a fairly good idea of the EFCs already built into your remote using the LookupTool, which is linked at the top of the page at hifi-remote.com/forums. Use the RCRP05B as the description of your AR remote.

Of course, you may be interested in EFCs which aren't built in. There's lots of upgrade files available and e.g. we see discrete functions posted here all the time in Pronto Hex format. You can convert those to EFCs using RemoteMaster.

Hosting Services by ipHouse