The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday January 7, 2012 at 20:10
Cico Buff
Founding Member
October 2001
Yes, there is a spot with 6 holes for a JP1 type connector (but I don't know if its JP1 or a later version). I was trying to figure out whether this is a clone of the OFA 7556 or 7557, but I did not succeed. In fact, I could not even find any info on what the differences were between these two models, even on the OFA site! All I know is they both look exactly alike. (Mine is glossy black). The 983 blink back code is: 3179. What is this "signature" supposed to indicate?

One thing I'm really disappointed about is no mention of CD players (or their codes) anywhere in the manual or online description. Yet I could have sworn I saw reviewers on Amazon saying they programmed their CD player with (either the 7556 or 7557). It makes no sense to me that they would withdraw programming for CD players, when the older Cinema remotes that this AR is clearly based on, already supported them. I'm trying to figure out if I can get a CD code in there somehow, but no luck so far in getting the AR5G's device keys to accept the Marantz CD code that my Cinema 7 used. I also noticed that not all the codes for the Cinema 7 work on this AR remote. I used "0158" for the Sony receiver code on my C7. On the AR, that code doesn't work, but "1058" does.

Another thing that's really making it worse, is that for some strange reason, I can't reassign the CBL/SAT key. It simply will not take a reassignment from another device. Even though I can reassign the other keys to accept other devices. The manual's instructions say to press ANY device key to accept the reassignment of another device key! So in theory it should work, but I'm stumped as to why it won't. I've tried 980 to clear the key, no go. The CBL/SAT key itself works fine, so it's not a physical defect with the key. Since I have no cable/satellite boxes, this makes it just a 4-in-1 remote! And if I can't program my CD player, it's a 3-in-1!

I've contacted Audiovox (who now distributes these remotes), so I'll have to see what they say. Not holding my breath...

On January 7, 2012 at 15:54, 3FG said...
Regarding the AR5G, would you mind looking in the battery compartment to see if it has a 6 pin JP1 connector?

And, the Digital 5 comes in 3 different versions URC-7555/7556/7557. Please use the 983 command to check the signature. (It's probably 1075).

Hosting Services by ipHouse