Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday January 5, 2012 at 19:15
GLS
October 2005
On January 5, 2012 at 17:21, highfigh said...
Do you actually know what the port forwarding does? It's not so anyone can access the receiver from outside, it's so the troubleshooting function can be used. Denon CI training- go now. You don't need to open any ports on anything in order for it to connect to the internet but you can look in the Networl Information area to verify that it is connected, has an IP address, etc. You can't remove the MAC address, BTW- that's like an electronic serial number, unique to that part. All network interfaces have this.

Check the connection speed, read the manual and if necessary, call Denon.

Did you do a hard reset and firmware update as soon as you pulled it out of the box? You should and if you have been to Denon training, you would know this.

I would recommend not installing equipment that you're not familiar with. It doesn't give the customer confidence. in you or the product.

1) Yes, I did a microprocessor reset before I hooked everything up.
2) It wouldn't connect to do the firmware update.
3) I own a 3311 and it works great.
4) DENON tech support had me reset the network info (the dump)
5) DENON tech support had me opening those ports. I understand port forwarding. How the hell do I know how they have configured their stuff?
6) I could see the unit ON the network, it was on the client list of the router, AND I could ping it from the router and my phone and it still kept saying that there was no connection!
7) I didn't think opening ports was necessary, but READ #5.
8) The third DENON tech I got had no good suggestions at all.
9) I've been to the class, and I don't remember anyone mentioning the network reset method. The manual (which I've read and downloaded to iBooks on my iPad for use in the field) only mentions the microprocessor reset.
10) The first DENON tech actually suggested I don't update the firmware unless there is a specific need for it.

Dude, read the post before you start typing.
G
www.GordonsLight.com
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Hosting Services by ipHouse