The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday January 5, 2012 at 17:21
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 5, 2012 at 15:15, GLS said...
Hi guys,
Installed a Denon 3312 on Sat the 31st. Iphone app worked great, then suddenly couldn't connect. Everything works fine from the remote (MX780), system works fine otherwise. Back today (was sick this week) and had to dive into the network problem. Reset everything. Tech support had me do what he called a network dump that resets everything except the MAC address. Did that.

Figured out that network standby had to be enabled to turn on the unit once it was off. I could ping it from my phone when it was on, but not when it was off. So the app is working fine and controlling zones, power etc.

Second call had me opening ports 8080 and 10443 figuring that something was keeping me from getting to the internet. It is a cable company modem/ wireless router. Ambit Broadband is the router. Don't see a model number. I did everything I could think to do in the menus given, which were port triggering, forwarding and pass thru. Nothing seemed to help. Honestly, I'm not sure if I did the right things or if the problem isn't even router related. And I was very careful about what I changed.

Situation is still the same. I'm online writing this post. The iphone app still works the unit, I get feedback, etc. I can ping the unit from my phone, and the receiver shows up on the client list of the router, but if I try to go to Pandora it says no network connection. I tried a firmware update, but it just spins and says "connecting server" and never does anything.

I know some of you are pretty sharp with the computer stuff. Any suggestions? Any tutorials that are good to look at for info? Have you run across a situation like this before? Anything (positive) will be appreciated LOL.

TIA!
G

Do you actually know what the port forwarding does? It's not so anyone can access the receiver from outside, it's so the troubleshooting function can be used. Denon CI training- go now. You don't need to open any ports on anything in order for it to connect to the internet but you can look in the Networl Information area to verify that it is connected, has an IP address, etc. You can't remove the MAC address, BTW- that's like an electronic serial number, unique to that part. All network interfaces have this.

Check the connection speed, read the manual and if necessary, call Denon.

Did you do a hard reset and firmware update as soon as you pulled it out of the box? You should and if you have been to Denon training, you would know this.

I would recommend not installing equipment that you're not familiar with. It doesn't give the customer confidence. in you or the product.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse