The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday January 2, 2012 at 18:14
elannut
Long Time Member
February 2010
Dear Mr. McGee: Thank you very much for responding to my questions> I did get the spread sheet off of remote central at the following link.

[Link: files.remotecentral.com]

Your changes resulted in Touch screen set up accepting the codes. This also allowed me to realize I did not exactly know what to do next. My goal is simple: I want my pronto rc5000 to work with the new cable box the same way it did with the old one. Right now for example when I hit "Cable" on the home screen of my Marantz: The TV and preamp come on but the cable box does not. Before all three devices were activated my that one botton. When I use pronto or touch screen I do the following: I go to devices (cable) and then properties . Then I hit set IR and the new screen asks me: the device, brand name and code set. I put non applicable in each and then I enter the hex code in the large white lower field. Then I assign it a name ie power for example. Then I have the pronto learn it. But my question is this and forgive me if I do not express it well "when I hit cable on my remote will it activate the power"? (based on what I just taught the pronto). So you must of guessed with an ambigious question like that ....that I am of course a newbee to coding and pronto. Thank you very much

Addendum: Program responds normally to learning code but it time outs when I go to save it. I also believe I figured out my power question.

Last edited by elannut on January 2, 2012 20:58.
BK

Hosting Services by ipHouse