Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday January 1, 2012 at 16:33
Total Control Remotes
July 2006
On December 30, 2011 at 13:23, ltowne1 said...
Issue: we need to use hexidecimal over lan to control JVC D-ILA RS45U projector at least when in 3-d mode, I have URC MX-5000 remote that I hope can do it.

Problem to solve:
I have hired a professional installer friend to help and we have most of my theater up and running.  I have all AV equipment in the back of the room, not line of site, but have a Russound IR repeater that works great.  All is well until I go to 3-D, then my repeater goes nuts and some remotes do not work, including the projector. Moving the 3-D emmitter to face people or screen still gets enough bounce to hose up the IR eye. This SHOULD in my opinion be ok since the two units not working; the JVC projector, and some Denon 4311CI Receiver functions, are lan connected, have IP's I can find in the menu system, and are designed for this type of control.  The JVC uses hexidecimal codes and supplies them in the manual and online.

SO - my installer who has an older URC and has a URC programming license (he has not done a MX-5000 yet) and is to do the programming tells me that URC cannot send a hexidecimal or IP command to my equipment without another purchase per one of his technical resources at his distributor. 

I WILL be replacing the MX-5000 with a unit that can if this is the case.  I find it utterly ridiculous that a $19 iPhone app can control the projector over the lan but my very expensive MX-5000 cannot.

If you have a better recommendation for a remote in my set-up please advise.

Thanks so much for any advice or solutions!

LT

LT-

In all fairness, URC can't write a module for every device on the market as fast as JVC and write an ipad app for their line of IP enabled projectors...

Hosting Services by ipHouse