Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 159 made on Saturday December 31, 2011 at 12:34
Mogul
May 2010
Reading on, I realised that this is not exactly what he had in mind. Instead, he meant that airports can keep expanding and the capacity of roads can be increased, as long as people pay more money for their pollution. He has even been so kind as to put a price on other people's lives: £70 per tonne of carbon. This, we discover, is the "social cost" of global warming, derived by the British government's department for the environment, and unquestioningly accepted by Eddington, who was charged by Gordon Brown with keeping the country moving.

I don't know what the problem with this statement is here.

Hey BigPapa...Have you taken a glance at Britain's economy lately...? THAT's the problem you hapless dolt!  Anyone with any notion of economic reality knows that building a restrictive system to monetize the ABSENCE of means of production [via carbon trading] is the most ridiculous and unworkable notion anyone has ever had if you're interested in preserving our way of life!  IT IS INSANE! 

And no...I didn't waste my time "vetting" every quote that I posted or the site on which I found them--I have children to raise and a business to run and don't really care if the quotes you cherry picked meet your "scientific burden of proof."  The FACT is that many of these people--Often in positions of significant authority--Have said/do say things like this--It's on YOUTUBE and in their books and speeches.  They ARE moving to reshape our global economy based on, at best, an exaggerated circumstance, supporting evidence for which they purchase with billions of OUR tax dollars.  If you'd spend some of the energy you waste "poo-pooing" skeptics actually listening to their own words and understanding the regulations they attempt to pass or have already passed, you may enlighten yourself.

Bottom line, whatever science exists behind AGW claims has long become irrelevent--Prominent AGW proponents have stated that even if we shut down the entire US economy, we'd not put a dent in global CO2 levels.  So why the HELL would we agree to cripple our means of production, finance and livelihoods at the behest of "globalists"?  Because it's fashionable?  Or because elitists like yourself say we should?  Nope.  I want to hear these faultless scientists explain to me how trillions of dollars of wealth transfer via Carbon Trading is going to help solve our "climate crisis..."  Worst case, we can look forward to a coming ocean front real estate boon.

The true danger to us humans is that the issue has been completely and utterly hi-jacked by people with a primary aim of destroying the Western way of life and/or of redistributing wealth from thriving western societies to others.  This is not conspiracy, speculation or "hobgoblins."  These changes are being codified as law and our Consitutionally protected liberties and national sovereignty are being subverted more with each passing day, all in the name of "saving the planet." 

You can choose to poo-poo those of us with the insight and wisdom to see the red herring of AGW and slippery slope we now ride toward the gulch if you want, but I will choose to react to and address the true dangers of "climate change" which have NOTHING to do with climate.
"Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." [Sir Henry Royce]

Hosting Services by ipHouse