Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 155 made on Saturday December 31, 2011 at 08:53
BigPapa
October 2005
On 1325316154, Mogul said...
And a few others for you to digest, true "nutters" all:

Though it's probably a waste of my time to acquiesce to your injection of noise and distraction in a subject that should contain facts and information, I thought I'd review a few of these quotes and see if I agreed with any of them.

So I found the source of your copy/paste of quotes here. It didn't take long.

It's a denialist aggregator blog, linking to 'stories' from other blogs. Hey, it has graphs! Must be sciency! Links to other denialist blogs, a who's who of the denialist industry.

Sadly lacking, no links to actual peer reviewed science from scientific research bodies. Which is a good thing, because they're all in on the conspiracy, no? We cannot trust those tricksey scientists, we're smarter than that!

Instead of you being lazy and just copy/pasting a bunch stuff, how about pick one or two things from that blog and let's review them thoroughly. You know, study the sources of information, validate the sources, qualify the information.

Just for giggles I looked at a few quotes:

| Quote by Sir John Houghton, pompous lead editor of first three IPCC reports: “If we want a good environmental policy in the future we’ll have to have a disaster.” 

Since Houghton is editor of the IPCC, I figured I'd take a look at this quote. Do you have a source for it? The blog didn't. But I found this when looking for the source:

Fabricated quote used to discredit climate scientist. Sir John Houghton explains  to Steve Connor how global warming sceptics have misrepresented his views

How many more of these quotes that you merely copy/pasted from a denier blog are fabricated? I tried to source a few others but quit since searching leads to more regurgitation of the same source, the denialist blog itself or blogs that merely copy/pasted the quotes.

Do you consider this healthy skepticism or objectivity? It is neither: it's denial. 

Hosting Services by ipHouse