The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday December 29, 2011 at 20:36
jcbremotes
Long Time Member
October 2006
Well, this should be interesting. You are going to have to program the "macro's"....the things that "totally configure your system......". I don't have a 450 in front of me, but I believe you press and hold the main button for about 5 seconds. Screen should change into a setup screen with multiple options. You will select "advanced" to get into "setup a new macro". I believe once you select this the remote will provide a little on screen help. Are you familiar with macro concepts? A basic example of  what we might do for the green power on for the "Main" page sets up the system to watch cable and listen thru the receiver:

TV power on
Receiver power on
Delay 4 seconds
We usually leave the cable boxes on so no power on for that in the macro
TV HDMI1 This changes the TV to the proper input
Receiver Cbl/Sat Changes receiver to proper input
Jump to Cable Page 1 Causes remote to goto page one of the Cable box device. Remote keys would then control the cable box (except for volume/mute - see below)

Tip, when doing your macros you are looking for discrete codes, especially for power on and power off. The "power command" is a toggle and changes the power state from on to off and vice versa. Discretes make your macros much more reliable - power on sends only the on command and will not cause the device to turn off, getting the system "out of sync".

You'll also need to setup volume control so that the volume/mute buttons control the receiver or appropriate device.

If all this sounds unfamiliar and/or overwhelming, you may wish to seek a programmer. You might be able to find someone on the forum who would be willing to contract for the programming. Some might even offer this type of programming support as a regular service.

I'm curious, did the URC rep understand that you were a customer and not a dealer?

Good luck

Hosting Services by ipHouse