The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Thursday December 29, 2011 at 16:36
sysmg
Lurking Member
December 2011
On January 26, 2009 at 23:12, fingershop said...
A thought on overriding preprogrammed hard and soft buttons with learned commands...

You can also override them with one-step macros. Using this method you can effectively copy any button to any other button, all without having to learn a single command. Very useful if you don't have the original remote, or if you want to rearrange preprogrammed buttons that don't exist on your original remote.

An advanced addition to this method is to add a second copy of a given device, but put that copy on a hidden Main menu page. The benefit of this is that you can copy and rearrange every button on that device, by macro-copying them from the hidden device to the visible copy of that device. With this method you can override every single button on a device, without any learning. Yes, its complicated, but this gives you the fullest flexibility possible to your button layouts, and leverages the preprogrammed database.

That's a fantastic idea. My R50 is on order and I think this is what I'll do. Although I may not hide the real remote page but put it on page 2 or 3 where no one but me will look. That way I can easily access those uncustomized remotes whenever I need to.

Hosting Services by ipHouse