The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday December 29, 2011 at 10:42
ctgoodman
Long Time Member
December 2011
On December 28, 2011 at 17:59, djy said...
I would agree, to a degree, but does one really need to know how a car is made and runs in order to be a proficient driver? 

How glad am I that the children are now grown up and old enough to screw up their own computers.

I wasnt saying everyone needs to know the ins and outs about how all the behind the scenes stuff takes place.  I work with plenty of people who know their applications inside and out, which I have no clue how to run them.  There are a few that think since they have this narrow focus of knowledge it equates to some a technical knowledge they don't really posess.  I've interviewed plenty people that think they can shift from an data entry/clerical type job function into a role of a PC technician or something because they use a compouter in their job and at home.  Unless they have extensive personal experience they can't ever make it past the technical portion of the interview.  I'm not saying they couldn't learn it I just can't give them a year to get up to speed with my other guys and then they have to keep up with an ever changing environment on top of that. 

Hosting Services by ipHouse