The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 29, 2011 at 04:01
ReggieB
Lurking Member
December 2011
Hi, I'm trying to figure out a good replacement for my RTI T2-C remote. I have a dedicated theater room and would like to control the following devices with the new remote:

- Receiver: Integra DTR 6.8
- Projector: Runco RS-900
- Satellite: DirecTV HD-DVR
- Blu-Ray: Samsung BD-P1600
- Lighting: Lutron Grafik Eye GRX-MR-3

I really do love the hard-button/touchscreen-button combo on the RTI T2-C, but am not opposed to an all touchscreen remote. I currently have the T2-C paired with a RTI ECB-5 IR emitter block and RTI RP-1 remote control processor. I would love a remote that will work with the emitter block, as the lighting control and projector are already wired with IR emitters. Using the current emitter block would save a lot of hassle.

I am mainly looking for a remote that is programmable through USB, will work with a RF receiver, and allows me to create macros. The main reason I am leaving behind the T2-C is the inability to program it myself. I understand that RTI never intended for their remotes to be marketed to DIY-ers, but I am tired of paying $200-$300 for a service call every time I get a new device with a different IR code. I love the RTI, I just don't love the upkeep. I program computers for a living, so a remote that I can program on my own is going to rapidly pay for itself. I am thinking about replacing my projector and AVR soon, so I figured the time to go a new direction is now. I'm trying to keep the new remote under $300 this time. Any remote suggestions would be very appreciated.

Last edited by ReggieB on December 29, 2011 04:18.

Hosting Services by ipHouse