The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Wednesday December 28, 2011 at 21:09
RandyWalters
Long Time Member
December 2006
On December 11, 2011 at 20:18, jsuarez said...
I'm gonna delete the device and start from scratch. If the learned command(s) disappears again, there's a good chance that I'm returning the remote. I got a sweet deal on it but it's not worth keeping with that annoying quirk. I have a replacement offer from URC for my mx-850 that's pretty fair so I might just go back to that. After a week with the R40, I might prefer the layout, button sizes and tactile response of the 850.

Update - while setting up my DVD player device from scratch, the command i'd put on the EXIT key disappeared, so i re-learned it ok, but then the command on the Menu key disappeared so i had to re-learn that one as well. It's a little irritating but not a big deal as there are already so many steps in creating a device and getting it all set up exactly the way i want it so re-learning a few more keys isn't a problem - i think the remote is worth it.

FWIW, after fully programming all my devices and creating several macros this R40 is working flawlessly and everything i've taught it is still working since finishing it a few weeks ago. I'm really liking this remote, and i'm barely using my MX-500 anymore.
Randy
URC MX-890, MX-780, MX-450, R40, MX-500, Sony XBR-55X900E, Panny TC-P55ST60, Tivo Roamio Pro & Premiere & OTA, TWC Arris DVR, Onkyo 333 AVR, Roku Express 4K, Panasonic Blu-Ray

Hosting Services by ipHouse